PDA

View Full Version : Battle Forces Online - Feed Back Request

mobeamer
11-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Hello All,

I'm looking on feedback, specifically on a new users perspective and the game play itself.

Battle Forces Online (http://www.battleforcesonline.com)

Battle Forces Online is a tactical turn based RPG game. You control a number of "Blades". You configure their starting setup. You battle other players in a multi-player heads up arena.

Free for all to play! How many can you gather under your command?

This is an isometric game in which you have 6 Blades / Units to start with. Wager and win more Blades from other players. There will be something at stake every single battle!

http://www.battleforcesonline.com

lennard
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
High scores link is broken. The graphical presentation isn't strong enough - the system looks interesting and since your game doesn't appear to be too graphically intensive I would think that hiring a pro for a couple of days would be < $1000 and make a world of difference.

I like the wagering idea - my love of online poker has made me think a lot about mechanics like this and I have had similar design ideas to this one.

mobeamer
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Fixed the hire scores page...it's the little things that get you.

highscores vs highScores....

Thanks for the feedback. FYI: I've lurked all around Rusty Axe. Great Work!!!

DayDream
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I have to agree with the comment on the art side of the game. What made you pick red as the bg colour?

Even being a browser game doesn't mean you have to set the file size way down. I would consider a nicer background to create the mood for the game - more phantasy, darker, more battle look and feel (stone, metal, scratched and grunged).

Add variation to your tiles - atm. you use I tile to define the whole area - use more and add some pebbles, grass or rocks to make it less monotonous. The mock I did uses 2 tiles and 5 different shades plus some pebbles on top.

Anyway - seeing I am not good with words but with images - here's a quick mock of a game layout (still missing the navigation elements and the game pieces - as I have to start with work now - will try to add those later)...

http://www.spriteattack.com/mocks/BF_online_1a.jpg

mobeamer
11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Original Poster Says:

BLOWN AWAY!

Man...I have much respect for your art. I used to search the web looking for inspiration for pixel art. I loved what I found on your site. (That was about a year ago). You have done some great work in the past!

Anyway. I love what you have done with the template. I will try to incorporate it into the game if you don't mind.

I am having a very tough time reaching "critical mass" but I've got a couple ideas for that.

Thanks for the feedback!

For those you wondering how the game looks now...

mobeamer
11-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I took your advice and changed the GUI...it made a noticeable change.

Wish I had some money so I could pay an artists to really work it over.

(Thanks for the help with the tiles though!)