PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback request] Dog Fighters

supagu
11-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Finally got a reasonably playable build going, still pretty buggy, but the sooner i can get some opinions/suggestions the better.

www.blackcarbon.net/temp/DogFighters_PreReleaseDemo.rar
password: 7meatspizza

The main menu is in pretty bad shape at the moment, which im aware of :P but yeah, any suggestions welcome.

controls for the green plane is:
up, down, left, right for steering
and left ctrl for shooting
(these will be listed in the menu eventually before playing)

If you have any technical difficulties running the game let me know your system specs and post the log.html from the data directory.

http://www.blackcarbon.net/temp/DogFighters.jpg
http://www.blackcarbon.net/temp/DogFighters2.jpg

Reactor
11-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Hi supagu, just a few things (with time I could provide a huge amount of feedback for you, but...)

- When I clicked on 'Options' the game froze- the mouse pointer was still active, but the buttons were disabled. The title for Options appeared, however.
- Clicking on 'How to Play' the instructions page came up, but then I hit 'esc' and the screen went black. Hitting esc again returned me back to the main screen. If I clicked my mouse though there wasn't a black screen, and things worked as expected.
- The scaling of your graphics to 800x600 on my 1024x768 screen caused some of the finer lines in your graphics to disappear, meaning your initial logo screen looked quite ugly (unless you designed it that way, in which case, it looks ugly ;)
- It's not clear which part of the mouse pointer is the 'point'.

I'll leave the game to someone else, but suffice to say, after playing for a short period of time, I returned back to the main menu and then clicked the close button to exit the game. The game crashed. If you'd like the log file, please email me and I'll send it your way.

jankoM
11-12-2007, 05:28 AM
screenshots!!

supagu
11-12-2007, 03:40 PM
reactor, yeah i know the menu is pretty busted at the moment, im aware of most of the problems you have pointed out except the one about hitting esc in the menu o.0

i'll grab some screenies tonight