PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Bin (working title)

Dyno Kid
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8486/dkconcept1bh9.th.png (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dkconcept1bh9.png)

Another concept idea for DK game mechanics,

This one involves collecting red hearts in a given amount of time BUT there will be differnt coloured hearts that affect others, for eg if you run into a black heart all previously collected red hearts will reappear, Green hearts destroy Black hearts and so on.

We have started working on differnt arrows like Muddy that will slow the character down (there will be a new character for this game, not DK) and leave a trail of muddy footprints behind as well as 5 differnt arrow types.

So its a puzzle within a puzzle, not only will you have to get around the maze controling the arrows but you will have to work out the quickest way to collect all the red hearts.

The game mechanics are similar to Dyno Kid (released last november on Big Fish) but this time with mouse control, joypad and keyboard options, left click rotates arrows anti clockwise, right click clockwise.

It's playing really nice just not sure if the art direction I'm taking is too cute and I should rough it up a bit.

Darren.

DanMarshall
08-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Dusty Bin will be trademarked, surely?

Kids today. No idea who Ted Rogers is. Shocking.

mot
08-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Just a bit of advice... level layout resembling a swastika = not good.

:-)

Adrian Cummings
08-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah I'd steer well clear of that current name tho given the UK gameshow of yesteryear hosted by good old Ted :)

Also (oh yes there is more) thats odd?... my very first commercial game ever on Amiga & Atari ST Bug Bash in 89/90 was also about collecting rubbish from a garden and putting it into a bin, but you have my permission to use the same idea within your own game anyway as you can't TM or copyright that in practice - can you? ;)

Bug Bash (http://hol.abime.net/234)

Sharpfish
08-30-2007, 05:26 AM
With a name like that you could sell it for 3.21 ;)

WaveRider
08-30-2007, 07:12 AM
So I'm looking at "Dyno Kid" with (a little) better graphics for the mobile world?

To be perfectly honest... I think it's a great idea.

Dyno Kid didn't really blow my skirt up when it was on my PC, but that type of gameplay may actually be perfect for mobile devices.

Advice: raise the difficulty level VERY SLOWLY. Dyno Kid got way to hard, way to fast.

Best of luck with this.

DanMarshall
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
With a name like that you could sell it for 3.21

That's the best reply ever. There's no bettering that so this thread can be locked now, thanks.

ZeHa
08-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Just a bit of advice... level layout resembling a swastika = not good.

:-)

Yeah, that was my first thought, too ;)

KG_Brad
08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
How do you keep pumping out games this fast? Are you using a specialty game engine?

Dyno Kid
08-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Hehe yeah it does look like a swastika oops.

I have added in the programming for bridges now so more scope for lvl design with DK going under and over:P

Yeah Dusty Bin was great:) I wont be calling it that so dont worry:)

Yes it would make a good mobile game but im heading for the portals with the right artist.

Darren.

Dyno Kid
09-02-2007, 05:10 AM
New screenshot and dusty has been binned:)

Adrian Cummings
09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Looks better! :)