PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Black Sky Videos

viperg
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.blackskygame.com

They are in the video section, you can stream them or download them.

feedback appreciated!

Jesse Hopkins
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
---------------

Surrealix
08-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow!

I think I've still got your first playable demo from several years ago, I remember playing it and thinking what an awesome game it was going to be. I forgot about it for a while, but looking through those screenshots and videos my jaw metaphorically dropped.
As Jesse said, very impressive :D

ChrisP
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I was intrigued so I checked out that playable demo. You've got some pretty graphical effects in there! Text is a bit ugly though... it ran off the edge of the intro screen.

The sound in the video is a lot better than the sound in the alpha. I assume you got OpenAL working in your private copy and didn't update the alpha? :)

It's looking pretty good, though I found myself wanting mouse control to steer the ship, since I had a mouse cursor. The cursor was kinda useless though since I didn't have any non-primary weapons... Might want to hide it if you're in a ship without turrets, unless it has a use that I didn't see.

Zooming was confusing - I'm used to rolling the mouse up to zoom in and down to zoom out, not the other way around. I thought it wasn't working at first since I was trying to zoom out, but I was actually zooming in and I was at the maximum zoom level already. Also, it was a little confusing that the planet wasn't changing size when I do it; one might argue that it shouldn't, realistically speaking, but in gameplay terms it's a landmark, and I expect landmarks to behave like landmarks. :) It looks like part of the semi-foreground, but behaves like it's in the background in this respect.

I was running it in Wine under Linux BTW. Seemed to work okay.

Anyway, nice job so far, and from your blog posts it looks like you've got a pretty ambitious goal for it. Let us know when it's out!

Edit: Oh, the demo is several years old? I guess you've probably addressed all of my above comments already then. Never mind!