PDA

View Full Version : [Ann] Web-cartoon 'Indie Life of isdead'.

mrkwang
08-04-2007, 04:04 AM
As you know, I'm mrkwang who runs Pig-Min, which is the 1st. & only 1 Korean Indie Game webzine.

Recently we Pig-Min started 'Web-Cartoon', named after [Indie Life of isdead]. isdead is our new reviewer, and he started drawing something about Pig-Min & some Indie Games.

Orignally, it's Korean language cartoon, but he made it also for English version. Pig-Min also features English version, also for Korean version. So I'd like to announce it here, if you don't mind.

Pig-Min (English) (http://pig-min.com/tt/837)
: English feature of Pig-Min. Doesn't have full version yet, anyway.

Webtoon : Indie Life of isdead (English) (http://pig-min.com/tt/category/%EC%9B%B9%ED%88%B0/Indie%20Life%20of%20isdead%20-%20English)

Old thread of Feedback (http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=11336)

Thanks.

zoombapup
08-04-2007, 04:29 AM
I love the cartoon. Its really quite funky. I like the way he didnt like Venture Arctic becuase the seals werent cute enough!!! :)

You know what would interest me?

Hearing about korean game dev, how it is different from western game dev.

I've got a great love of asian game dev because it also incorporates a lot of asian culture. I think thats something that our (british) game dev lacks these days. We are basically annexed by america. So its good to see how culture of a country affects its developers and game fans.

But anyway, keep up the cartoons! Theyre fantastic.

Applewood
08-04-2007, 05:54 AM
At least one way it's different is that I understand they've got "proper" broadband running at about a googolplex of data per second.

Is this correct ?

mrkwang
08-04-2007, 05:58 AM
I love the cartoon. Its really quite funky. I like the way he didnt like Venture Arctic becuase the seals werent cute enough!!!

You know what would interest me?

Hearing about korean game dev, how it is different from western game dev.

I've got a great love of asian game dev because it also incorporates a lot of asian culture. I think thats something that our (british) game dev lacks these days. We are basically annexed by america. So its good to see how culture of a country affects its developers and game fans.

But anyway, keep up the cartoons! Theyre fantastic.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Hope to continue this Webtoon more & more!

At least one way it's different is that I understand they've got "proper" broadband running at about a googolplex of data per second.

Is this correct ?

Pardon? Not sure exactly what you mean, so hope to ask the meaning. :)

Applewood
08-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Is this correct ?I was moaning about the laughable state of broadband coverage in the USA and the slow speed of it here in the UK, to a friend who lives in Sweden.

He was taking the piss, saying their average home internet speed is around 20 Mb/s (it's 4-8 here) but he then dropped a bombshell that some Korean outfit they worked with recently had over 200 Mb/s and use the internet as their server storage, linked directly to their pc's with nothing in between.

zoombapup
08-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Some friends of mine in japan have something like 300mb sec. Cant remember the exact speed but it was ludicrous and was also essentially free (like 20-30 dollars a month).

Might have just been BS'ing me though :)

Anyway, I'm sure the infrastructure certainly is more pervasive than here. I dont think we do so bad though, it could just be a lot lot better. If our govt actually took technology seriously. Never mind replacing roads with rails, replace it all with wireless infrastructure and let everyone work for home!!

Seriously, this kind of stuff needs govt control and the UK is small enough that we COULD literally kick the worlds arse when it comes to universally available broadband almost-for-free.

But we're so short sighted in this country it'll never happen.

zoombapup
08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Some interesting stats at this site..

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/0601/

Applewood
08-04-2007, 10:18 AM
But we're so short sighted in this country it'll never happen.Don't get me started! Although we just finished paying our "debts" to America for WW2 so maybe we'll have cash to spend now. :)

The UK has a problem in that it's big and prosperous (well, relatively) but not big enough to have more than one major anything. BT has no competition because the country isn't big enough to have two BT's for example. We're probably the world-leader in monopolies! :eek:

I notice that most of the countries in front of us are either "emergent" or small enough that doing the whole job in one is a reasonable prospect. It still doesn't sit well that Estonia is beating us at technology though, wtf's going on there! lol

Someone should remind the govt that we invented the telephone...